Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Confessions of a Growing Belly



Well, we are now on week 6! At least that is what "The Bump" has told me. Our little one has a hard week ahead of him. This week, s/he will form eyes, nose, and checks. And apparently to achieve this momentous feat, chicken wings are a key ingredient.



Tonight, Eric and I went to meet with Gloria. Gloria is the wonderful woman that keeps my niece Annagrace and my cousin Grant. We are hoping that she will have space next year for us, but will have to wait a while to find out. When we finished, we went by Jim Bob's Chicken Fingers. Tonight just happened to be my lucky night: 25cent wings. This week, my morning sickness has set in. In general, food does not appeal to me. Tonight was different though, those chicken wings were the best wings that I have every had. Eric even asked if I needed a moment alone. I think I might have. I will be dreaming about those wings tonight, and may be spending quite a lot of time over the next 9 months eating there.



Once we were home, we decided to take some belly shots. Now before you look, please let me preface...I only had 6 wings... It may look like 60, but it's not. I know I'm not that far along...but I already cannot button my pants. Most of my shirts are tight, so know, I'm wearing maternity shirts trying to pull it off as just the latest style. I must not be doing a good job, because someone actually told me today that I looked pregnant.


















So now, the question is not is it a boy or a girl, but is it twins???

5 comments:

Eric said...

You are so BIG! LOL ;p jk

I love you babe!

Amy said...

Oh my gosh.
I'm having such a craving for chicken wings now.

Anonymous said...

You are so cute!!! (I secertly miss my belly) Errr....I guess I should say, I miss having a reason for a bloated belly! LOL!

SarahbytheSea said...

Hey Laura, I'm from the Snark forum. Congrats on the baby bump, it's so exciting! Enjoy it, and sleep as much as you can NOW, lol. And no worries about what you do, cause those babies are very resilient. I went to the gym till my 3rd trimester and drank the occasional glass of wine, and didn't give birth to an alien. So relax, do whatever you feel comfortable doing, and enjoy impending parenthood :)

Anonymous said...

You are too cute! That's so funny how we go from, "you're so beautiful" at the wedding to "you're so cute" when you're preggers- HA! Hmm... twins...? :-)

Pregnancy Countdown Widget-Fetal Monitor-Baby Cam!