Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Itchy and Scratchy

No...I'm not talking about the cartoon. I'm talking about my hands and feet!!!

Last night, Eric and I were playing "Justice League" on Xbox (yes, I'm a girl that likes playing superhero video games) when all of the sudden, my feet started to itch. It felt like a bug bite, but I didn't see anything. We kept playing and I just figured it would go away. That was until 3am this morning, when I awoke to burning hands and feet. Scratching didn't help either.

Let me take a moment to describe to you what exactly this feels like. This is not your normal "oh, I got a misquto bite" or "I fell in some posion ivy" type itch. This is more like, "I have my hands and feet pressed to 1,001 needles pain. It's torture. Morning sickness, I'm prepared for. Fatigue, I'm taking it in stride, but this...THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!

So at 3am, I'm up applying half a bottle of benedyl cream to my hands and feet, praying for some type of relief. Around 4 it came and I went back to sleep. Then at 6am...itch, itch, itch...scratch, scratch, scartch. It was back. This time, I was at the point of tears while sticking my hands in a sink of Aveno. It did feel good, but how can I do anything with my hands stuck in a sink all day. So...off to Publix we go. To purchase a 100 count bottle of Benedryl.

While driving I had fears that a cop was going to pull me over. How was I going to explain to him that my hands and feet feel like there are millions of bugs bitting them, even though they look perfectly normal. Last time I checked, that would be a perfect sign of drug use. I can just imagine calling Eric to explain that I didn't make it to the store because I'm in jail for drugs. Needless to say, I made to to Publix, got the Benedryl, and am now home laying in the bed nice and calm. Thank God Benedryl is okay to take.

Now I'm on hold waiting for the doctor. Like any mother, I need to hear from a dr. that itching is a normal and not to worry. Gotta love the fears that come with pregnancy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Benedryl is fine. I took it when I was preg with Everett. I also itched up and down my legs it felt like my skin was crawiling. Good Luck
Mandy

Pregnancy Countdown Widget-Fetal Monitor-Baby Cam!