Sunday, January 4, 2009

28 Weeks

Only 82 days to go, and we are now officially in the third trimester. Mauldin is getting more and more active everyday. Eric and I can finally see him move across my stomach. It is so cool to watch.

As we get closer and closer to the due date, the idea that Eric and I are going to become parents has become more...well...apparent. This past week we ordered our bedding and this weekend, we ordered the glider. The closet is close to being finished, although I am constantly thinking of new ways to organize. Tonight we began developing "Plans of Action" for when I go into labor. Eric went ahead and put his clothes in a bag. Mine are just laying out on the bed.

Everything is coming along, and yet I still feel a lot of anxiety. Are we really ready? Will I be able to do everything that Mauldin needs from a mother? I literally began having a panic attack in the nursery the other night thinking about it. I guess this is something all mother's go through. We all want to be perfect in every way, but let's face it. Just not gonna happen!

I can't wait for Mauldin to get here. Normally I would say it feels just like yesterday that the pregnancy test said positive, but honestly, it feels ages ago. March 27th, or whenever he decides to arrive, can't get here soon enough.


PS: This week also marks the first week that I am unable to see my feet :)

3 comments:

Eric said...

It will be here before we know it... I love you.

Anonymous said...

wow I cant believe you cant see your feet. You dont even look like you are this far along. I love the pic updates. See you this weekend I cant wait to see what you get.
Mandy

Cess said...

AAWWWHH! PRECIOUS! Your tummy actually DOES not look that big from the pictures but I guess you REALLY cannot see your feet. That's adorable.

Anyway, do not worry about being a Mommy. Knowing you, I can bet that you'll do an amazing job and hey, even though you do not feel ready, you WILL be and you will be a rocket mom.

Pregnancy Countdown Widget-Fetal Monitor-Baby Cam!