Since most of you frequent my husband Eric's blog, you probably already know our big news. We are having a boy!
First, let me say just how right I was the entire time. I always thought it was a boy :) I have also been surprised by the number of people that have asked if I'm okay with that. Of course I am!!! What kind of question is that. I also really wanted a boy first. I wanted my "little man," as my cousin Tori so lovingly calls her son. Momma's little boy! I'm so happy!!!
Now I am off to begin the nesting process for our nursery. Peter Pan and the Lost Boys is our theme. The room will be filled with pirate ships, animals, and other types of Disney memorabilia. Eric has already made a treasure chest from a box we found at Michaels, and I am going to paint a pirate ship to put on the bookshelf.
Things you will not find in our nursery are skulls and crossbones (maybe one of the pirate ship, but that is all) and fairies. Yes...we know that Tinkerbell is a major character in the story, but she will not be making a debut in Mauldin's nursery.
So now my world will be filled with trains and trucks, cars and diggers, super heroes and cartoons. There will never be a moments peace. There will always be laughter and banging. Things will get broken and scraps and bruises are inevitable.
And in thinking about this, I just sit back and smile. That will be my boy! My Little Mauldin :)




6 comments:
and what is wrong with skulls and crossbones? ;)
I am SO excited for you two! Mauldin is one lucky little boy to have you for a Mommy! I wish you all the best with the rest of your pregnancy! I hope to see you soon!
That is perfect! I love your theme and I'm so happy for you :-)
We are all so excited to add another little man to the family. We have always called Everett the "THE BOY" When Kelly asks how or where he is he always says "THE BOY". I will see if we can pass down some trucks and tractors. Good luck and we will see you in a few weeks.
Mandy
Keep the trucks and tractors at mamaws... LOL!
There are plenty there...
Tami totally said what I was thinking. There ain't nothing wrong with a couple of skulls and crossbones strategically placed throughout the room ;-) Yay for Mauldin!
yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me!
Post a Comment