Wednesday, August 6, 2008

It's not Pickles and Ice Cream

You always here that old story of the pregnant woman that sends her husband out in the middle of the night for ice cream and pickles. Lucky for Eric, that hasn't happened yet. The cravings have though.



A few blogs back, I mentioned loving chicken wings. In fact, I decided that was what I was going the crave. This week it has become clearer, what exactly I want. Spicy Food!!!! Mmmmm... first, it was a Wendy's Spicy Chicken Go Wrap. Then, it was a Taco Bell soft chicken taco with three packets of mild sauce. Oh, and let me not forget the Kickin Chicken Sandwich from Zaxby's.

Now the doctor told me to avoid spicy foods, due to the after effects of heartburn. Obviously, he is male and does not understand the compulsion to eat that comes from pregnancy. He has not had the experience of breaking down into tears, because he was unable to make it through the Wendy's drivethru on his way home from work (...I didn't really cry, but was was on the verge).

Cravings are just plain difficult. I keep reading about all the healthy food I'm suppose to have in one day. First, I feel like I would have to be eating for 24 hours to eat all of that. Second, I just don't want it. I want the junk! McDonald's! Burger King! Taco Bell! Isn't that suppose to be one of the perks of pregnancy. You can eat whatever you want without justifying it to anyone else!!! Before anyone starts in about the health of our baby, I am taking care of myself. I drink plenty of water and do force the healthy stuff down my throat. But I can't help it if at 8 weeks old, my baby has already decided that it's first word is "Supersize."

5 comments:

Eric said...

careful or our baby will come out with high cholestrol! LOL!

Amy said...

lol - enjoy that spicy food while you can! Once you experience that first bout of pregnancy heartburn, you'll want to eat nothing but bread and rice, just to avoid another attack.
:-)

Anonymous said...

zantac will become your best friend. You are really showing.
Mandy

Anonymous said...

Oh forget the health books!! Eat what you want, when you want. You only have 7 more months to do so!! I also craved Taco Bell for the first half of my pregnancy. I think I ate there a few times a week!! Caleb also liked spicy foods! :)

Logical Judgement said...

I second it, enjoy the spicy foods while you can. Once/If you get the nasty preggo heartburn woes, you'll wish you could eat the spicy stuff!! I love spicy curries and Indian food and can't eat it now at all!!

I think your body starts to crave the healthy stuff after a while, so definitely listen to your body. It's telling you things! Do be careful about salty things, I don't know how your BP is normally but pregnancy does wonky things to your body!

Pregnancy Countdown Widget-Fetal Monitor-Baby Cam!