Yes, it is the general stereotype of all pregnant women. Your memory goes and forgetfulness sets in. According to Eric, this stage a pregnancy began a long time ago, but I have been in denial for some time. Well, this past week, my lack of memories smacked me straight in the face.

Every morning, I drive through Starbucks for a Grande Hot Chocolate with whip. Not the signature...they still have yet to adequately explain to me why I should pay 60 cents more for the word signature. On this particular morning, I reached in to get my debit card and noticed that it wasn't in my wallet. Figuring it had fallen out in my purse, I whipped out my credit card, paid for my drink, and continued on my way to school.
Once parked, I began the search for the card.
"Maybe it's behind another card..."
NO
"Maybe it's in one of the pockets..."
NO
"Oh...I know, it's with my notepad..."
Still NO
Hmmm...at this point, I came to the conclusion that I must have left it on my desk or on the counter at home, got out of my car and continued to enjoy my day.
Once I got home, I began the search again, and once again turned up nothing.
This, my friends, is when the realization of how far pregnancy brain can take you set it. I had lost my debit card.
At this point, I figure it is somewhere in the house. I've checked my account, and no one has used it. I also canceled it on Friday and ordered a new one, so no harm, no foul. The only harm that has come is to my own ego. I am now one step closer to that stereotypical pregnant woman.

2 comments:
But, I love you all the same.. forgetful or not! :) Lets hope it isn't permanent though :)
Did you ever find it? I hope it turns up somewhere! I want a Starschmucks drink now like there's no tomorrow! It's worth charging! :-)
Post a Comment