Thursday, February 26, 2009

Just Keep Swimming!

Okay...I know it's been a while. Mauldin has been keeping me on my toes recently, so not a lot of time to post. Eric and I will be at 36 weeks tomorrow and Mauldin has been trying to come since 33. The doctors put me on bedrest until tomorrow, but I'm not sure how much longer Mauldin is going to hold out.

This week has been quite eventful getting things in order. As you can read on my husband's, Eric's, post, we were confirmed with our in-home daycare for a spot. (sigh of relief). We also had our baby shower for my family this weekend and recieved lots of wonderful things that Mauldin so desparately needed, including a breast pump, which Eric so lovingly opened and screamed, "I got a breast pump!!!"

The final event this week, was signing Mauldin up for his first swim class. Yes, our son will only be 3 months by the time this summer arrives, but our pool offers swim classes for children under 3. Basically, it just introduces the children to the water and teaches the parents how to make sure they don't drown. It is a four-day class, and Eric will be taking half a day off to come with us for the first day. Annagrace, Mauldin's cousin, is also going to take the class, so he will have some company the rest of the week.

We've already purchased three swimsuits for our future little dolphin, two of which were from my sister, Jenn's, Orient Expressed trunk show (btw, let me know if like their clothes. I'm thinking about hosting a show in the fall). They are my favorite, as they are seersucker with little crabs and alligators on them. I wish we could find an older version for Eric, so they could match in the water. We could be a little seersucker family!

All is still well in the Skates family for now. We are anxiously planning for Mauldin's arrival, and Mauldin in constantly tapping at the door to come out. (Those of you who have had children will understand what this really means) Now that the doctor has said it is okay for him to arrive, I can't wait to see his face and introduce him to the world! Mauldin, we are ready when you are.

4 comments:

Eric said...

Man- it's crazy to think he can come any day now..


and what is sad is I would wear those shorts... lol

Anonymous said...

Mauldin has to stay in until after your shower this weekend!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I would love to see your trunk show this fall. You know Everett has to stay up with the latest styles. We cant wait to see Mauldin.
Mandy

Logical Judgement said...

I didn't know you'd been having the early labor, I was in the same boat and it's a pain in more ways than one. Hope everything goes well for you, thinking happy thought for you!

Pregnancy Countdown Widget-Fetal Monitor-Baby Cam!